CDG

Flight yesterday to CDG was a quick 50 minutes. Received full cold meal (cold pancakes, meats, bread, and fruit) and very good orange juice. Was fresh (same with meal on flight to FRA - but not before take off). Sometimes I judge an airline by their orange juice. United serves minute maid from the carton which is good while Delta only serves minute maid from the carton in the morning. The rest of the day it is from the can and that tastes like.... well not very good. But I was very pleased with Lufthansa as much as I dislike Orange juice from a can I also dislike Orange juice from a carton in Europe. As you can tell I like orange juice and it is the only thing I drink on planes before take off.
Anyway - I think they even served quick meal in economy to CDG
Arrival in CDG did not as smoothly. We cleared passport in FRA so flying from FRA to CDG is like flying from ORD to LAX you get off the plane and go. So that was easy. But we had arranged pick up from Interservice Prestige. Normally I would take RER train to Metro (cost is a fraction of cab which is 45 - 60 Euros or private car - we paid 50 Euros), but it is too hard to carry the luggage with my wife.
So upon arrival into the arrival area in Terminal 1 - (European arrivals) there were plenty of companies with with signs, but not Ours. Our flight was on time so we waited a few minutes. Then went to info desk which called Interserve Prestige for us. They said they were on their way and would be 2 minutes. After waiting 15 minutes more there was no one from IS Prestige. I went to taxi line which was empty and saw that taxi would be the same if not a few Euros cheaper. When I returned they still had not arrived. It had been 25 minutes by now. I again had info desk call (nice that CDG has that service) and now they said he was in parking lot and would be 2 minutes. And there had been lots of traffic. It was a Sunday so I thought probably not much traffic. My wife was more upset than I (I used to own a Limousine business with some friends after college so I have some sympathy - plus I felt we may not be able to check into Our room because it was still late morning early afternoon)  I said they have 5 minutes and at 5 I see a man with my 1st name on sign. He was very apologetic and from then on IS Prestige provided good service. 30 Minutes later we were at our hotel (I did not see any traffic)
I had heard good things about Interservice Prestige (good reviews from Trip Advisor - but that doesn't always mean anything) and honestly My Fathers wife who we are meeting here told me about them. So the facts are they were 45 minutes late. And that is the last thing you want after a long trip and one of the few things you want from a Transportation Company is to pick you up on time. My Father arrives today so we will see what happens with them

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of American Airlines A319 First Class

My First Blog