FRA

In Lufthansa 1st Class lounge at Frankfurt airport in Terminal A. Very very nice. In fact, one of the best lounges I have ever been in.They don't have massage or beauty treatments like Swiss, BA, or Virgin have in this lounge- but very pleasant environment. I am typing this while I sit and look at runway. There is actually a tub in shower room so I drew a nice bath :) Had tasty smoothie and many more food options (including lots of candy) Unfortunately, I ate so much on the plane that I am too full to eat. It is much nicer than the Senator's lounges . The only problem it is still Frankfurt airport which is never easy to negotiate. I have been here at least 20 times and am always confused as to where to go. There are no signs telling you for passport or Schengen connections. This is only airport in the world I have this issue with.
The United 1st class lounge in ORD was also very nice and a big step up from the regular United lounges. Many more food options and also a very relaxed and nice setting.
The flight was very nice. Left right on time. 5 minute taxi and we were airborne. Just under 8 hours of flight time. Flew over Southern Greenland and over Iceland and over Scotland. Only 1 other person in 1st Class. It was older style seat. So they have 16 seats (1st Class is upstairs on 747) but only sell 8. So each passenger has 1 seat to sit and the other they make into a bed (actually put soft cushion on seat to make for more comfortable sleep). But My wife was happy (and of I course I was too ;) ) because we could sit together. The television screen was very small by the new seats standards, but was still on demand (although took several times to press screen to get it to where you wanted to go) and with many movie, music and TV options (even had David Sylvian's new best of CD to listen to - nice to fall asleep to) The meal service was great (My wife ate my caviar and I ate her entree :) ) as was the desert (I will have photo's when we return)
The Business Class downstairs looked a little worn and cramped.

For further travel reviews and travel information please visit http://patstravelreviews.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of American Airlines A319 First Class

My First Blog